2) Thanks to the Cabot Small Town Amateur Radio Service (STARS) club for letting us use their repeater/Echolink node (W5STR-R, for the 2016 Halloween Special Format Net. A list of checkins is located here.
3) Over 10,000 hits have been recorded to the website...thanks to everyone for their participation!!
4) Due to various issues, we regret to announce that the Cabot Nightflyers Net has greatly reduced its on the air presence. The issues include failure of the power supply at the KE5ELU-L node, as well as loss of quality internet connectivity for the Listen Live link.
However, just because there will no longer be a weekly net, it is not truly the end. The Website will continue to be updated, and used as a tool for informing everyone of upcoming events, with information on this page.
There will also continue to be occasional events (Hamming In The Park, Special Events, etc.), sponsored by the Cabot Nightflyers, so followers will want to stay tuned to the usual sources (website, e-mail list, Facebook, etc.) in order to get information on future events.
We plan to have additional ''Special Edition'' Nightflyers Nets on occasion in the future (we will likely have to work out agreements with various repeater owners on a per event basis), so you never know when or where we will have another one (to keep the tradition alive with our cult following).
Also, a decision on what will be done for those working toward their net certificates will be made as soon as possible. Lastly, we want to extend our hearfelt thanks to everyone who has made the net a success over the last several years.
5) Unfortunately, due to technical issues, WX1DER (Net Control) fried his Wouxun KG-UV2D HT, with doing both the Cabot STARS Club Net, and the Triple Play Net, on Aug. 11, 2013.
Because of file sizes, HTML coding, and other issues, I've decided to just create One Script File in PDF Format, and do an MP3 file of the digital modes and 3rd party traffic. You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view/print the PDF file, and will need an MP3 player to listen to the sound effects file.
For the MP3 file, right click on the link, choose the Save As option, and enter the desired filename and path.
My apologies for all the troubles with downloading the files, and with a lack of audio files for the net. But, since it had to be aborted...due to my burning up my RF gear, I can't see having recordings online. Sorry for any inconvenience.
6) You can download the current ham radio license question pools from the NCVEC Website. You will need the appropriate utilities to view the files. The latest Question Pools can be found at the NCVEC website. To find a list of amateur radio license exam sessions, click here, and select the desired search criteria. For a list of what to bring to an amateur radio license exam session, click here.
Return To Top Of Page